Monday, March 31, 2014

Softly (you)...again


Pattern: Softly (you) by Solenn Couix-Loarer
Yarn: De Rerum Natura Ulysee in colorways Poivre et Sel (3 skeins) and Baleine Bleue (about 40yds)
Needles: US 3, US 5
Size: 2 yrs
Here it is, my second sweater knit from Solenn Couix-Loarer's pattern, Softly (you) (the first one is here) As you can probably tell, I really really like this pattern. And most important of all, my son adores this, well, both sweaters! There was pretty much the same reaction as the first time. "Pull, pull" (L is saying sweater in French.) He's very much into trying to dress himself right now, so of course he tried to put it on himself. Not entirely successful, but oh so cute! I wish I had a photo of it!

I used the same yarn, De Rerum Natura's Ulysse in the identical color for the main body: colorway Poivre et Sel. For the stripes, I used a navy blue, also in Ulysse, called Baleine Bleue, which I had bought quite a few skeins of to make a sweater for me, which I hope to share in the coming weeks once it's finished. What can I say? I really like this yarn. This is (counting my unfinished sweater) the third time I use it.

I have a slight preference for the yellow version of the sweater because of the cheerfulness of the yellow, but truly, they're both lovely. I'm very pleased with both, and I'm surprised by the fact that I knit the same pattern twice in practically the same colors shortly one after the other. I think there's about a week between the two! But I guess seeing how thrilled my baby boy was, was motivation enough to dive right back in!

(If the sweater looks a little askew that's because I got him dressed in a hurry for a doctor's appointment.)


No comments:

Post a Comment